(1) This regulation applies if the Commissioner needs further information to decide whether he or she is satisfied that the requirements set out in sections 70 and 71 of the Act are satisfied for an application for an extension of the term of a standard patent.
(2) The Commissioner may give the applicant a notice requesting the further information within the period mentioned in the notice.
(3) The period must not be shorter than 2 months or longer than 6 months from the day the notice is issued.
Note: The period for giving the further information can be extended--see section 223 of the Act.
(4) If the applicant does not give the further information within that period, the Commissioner must decide whether he or she is satisfied that the requirements set out in sections 70 and 71 of the Act are satisfied.
(5) For subsection 71(2) of the Act, further information given within the period mentioned in subregulation (2) is taken to have been filed with the application for extension of the term of the standard patent.