(1) The Registrar may, at the request of a party to proceedings before the Registrar, other than opposition proceedings, give directions in relation to the procedure in the proceedings.
(2) Directions given under subregulation (1) must not be inconsistent with these regulations.
(3) The Registrar must not give directions under subregulation (1) unless the Registrar:
(a) is reasonably satisfied that any person affected by the proposed directions has been notified of the proposed directions; and
(b) has given any person affected a reasonable opportunity to make representations concerning the proposed directions; and
(c) is reasonably satisfied that the proposed directions are appropriate.
(4) For the purposes of paragraph (3)(b), representations may be made in writing or at a hearing or by such other means as the Registrar reasonably allows.
(5) Subject to these regulations, the Registrar may determine the procedure to be followed in proceedings before the Registrar.
Note: Regulations 5.19, 6.10, 8.7, 9.21, 17A.34Q, 17A.48W and 21.20F deal with directions as to procedure in opposition proceedings.