(1) If a director of the board of an ambulance service has a direct or indirect pecuniary interest in a matter being considered, or about to be considered, by the board, the director, as soon as practicable after the relevant facts come to the director's knowledge, must disclose the nature of the interest at a meeting of the board.
(2) The person presiding at the meeting must cause the disclosure to be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
(3) If a majority of the other directors present at the meeting consider that the director has a conflict of interest in a matter, the director—
(a) must not be present during any deliberations on the matter; and
(b) is not entitled to vote on the matter.
(4) If a director votes on a matter in contravention of subsection (3)(b), his or her vote must be disallowed.
(5) This section does not apply in relation to a matter relating to the supply of goods or services to the director if the goods or services are, or are to be, available to members of the public on the same terms and conditions.
S. 20A (Heading) inserted by No. 51/2004 s. 13(1).
S. 20A inserted by No.
s. 9, amended by No. 51/2004 s. 13(2)(a).