(1) For the purposes of section 7, the Ambulance Service—Melbourne is deemed to be the Metropolitan Ambulance Service until a Metropolitan Ambulance Service is created under section 23.
(2) The Minister may declare that section 17 is not to apply in whole or in part to the committee of management of an ambulance service listed in Schedule 1.
(3) A declaration made under subsection (2) must be published in the Government Gazette and may be revoked or amended by a declaration published in the Government Gazette.
(4) The ambulance services listed in Schedule 1, other than the Alexandra and District Ambulance Service, are deemed to have been created under section 23.
(5) Section 36(4)(a) does not apply to an ambulance service listed in Schedule 1.
(6) The by-laws of an ambulance service listed in Schedule 1 in force immediately prior to the commencement of this section continue to be the by-laws of the ambulance service.