(1) Despite the repeal of Chapter 9, a trial by judge alone in which judgment was not delivered before that repeal may continue to be so held by judge alone, without a jury, after that repeal.
(2) For the purposes of a trial that continues in accordance with subsection (1), Chapter 9 continues to have effect despite its repeal.
(3) On and after the repeal of Chapter 9, Chapter 6 applies to an appeal that relates to a trial by judge alone in the same way that it applies to an appeal that relates to a trial by jury.
(4) On and after the repeal of section 420E, a verdict of a trial judge on a trial by judge alone has, for all purposes, the same effect as a verdict of a jury.
(5) Subsection (4) has effect despite the repeal of section 420E.
(6) In this section—
"trial by judge alone" means a trial held in accordance with an order under section 420D as in force immediately before its repeal.
S. 454B inserted by No. 11/2020 s. 33.